Please do not send us any personal data about anyone else without their permission.
- The data we may collect from you
- How we will use your data
- Data anonymisation
- What rights do you have in relation to the data we hold on you?
- Your right to opt out of direct communications
- How we keep your data secure
- Who we will share your data with
- Links to other sites
- How you can contact us
- How you can obtain data we hold about you
- Changes to this policy
The data we may collect from you
The data that we collect from you may include information:
- you provide when you request our services
- you provide when you complete forms for our services including registering to be a client, subscribing to our services, posting material or using further services, including information you provide when you complete psychometric instrument questionnaires or otherwise
- your psychometric assessment data which is also held under the specific assessment providers’ individual Privacy Policies (https://www.kornferry.com/gdpr; https://www.opp.com/en/About-OPP/Legal-notices/General-Data-Protection-Regulation-statement; https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/home/en-us/privacy)
- you provide when you contact us or report a problem to us; or complete a survey that we use for research purposes
How we will use your data
The personal data that we collect is used:
- to provide you with services that you request from us
- for mailing information to you about our other services in which you may be interested, including marketing materials
- to provide where possible, on request, personalised computer-generated reports from completion of third parties psychometric instrument questionnaires and assessment results
- for customer administration including carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and including retention of correspondence if you contact us
- to personalise our service to you, including ensuring that content from our marketing is presented in the most effective manner for you
- to seek your views on services
- for technical administration of our sites including notifying you about changes to our service.
Every individual has rights as to how their personal data is handled, and we recognise the need to treat all such data in an appropriate and lawful manner, according to the classification of such data.
Personal data will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when no longer required. In accordance with our policies and processes as detailed above, in relation to personal data and sensitive personal data collected as a result of use of our services, this data is generally retained for a period of 36 months (for clients and business associates) and 12 months (for prospective clients and general contacts), after which it is deleted.
Accordingly, after expiry of the 36 or 12 month retention period, it will not be possible to request personalised information, since the personal data will have been deleted.
What rights do you have in relation to the data we hold on you?
- You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Policy.
- You are entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
- You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities) – see below.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator.
- If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes. We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
- baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
- further copies of the same information.
- Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request. Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
Your right to opt out of direct communications
If you do not wish RenOC to use your personal data for direct marketing of our services, you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can manage the direct marketing that you receive from us by letting us know if you’d like to be on our mailing lists.
Please note, however, that occasionally we may need to communicate with you for administrative or operational reasons and therefore whilst you use our services and continue to wish to do so, it is not possible to opt-out of all communications with us.
The good news is that we don’t collect Cookies when you use our website!
How we keep your data secure
We are committed to ensuring the security and integrity of personal information that we hold and acting in compliance with UK and EU data protection requirements, and have put in place appropriate organisational safeguards to ensure this. We welcome updates at any time from our clients and enquirers relating to information that we hold about them.
Who we will share your data with
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- as necessary to fulfill your order(s) for services and to validate your payment details
- to suppliers and licensors that process psychometric assessment data on our behalf (https://www.kornferry.com/gdpr; https://www.opp.com/en/About-OPP/Legal-notices/General-Data-Protection-Regulation-statement; https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/home/en-us/privacy)
- to business associated companies with RenOC such as Litchfield only where Litchfield has a genuine business justification eg client referrals and joint consultations & initiatives (https://www.litchfieldsearch.com)
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, including selling our business or assets
- where we believe, in good faith, that it is necessary to comply with the law or regulatory obligation or to protect the safety of RenOC, our customers or their clients, or the public, or to enforce or apply our terms of business. This may include exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Compliance with data protection and privacy legislation
We seek to comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other regulations, as amended and applicable from time to time.
Links to other sites
This policy applies only to information collected by RenOC. Links within our sites to those of other organisations are not covered by this policy so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those sites.
Do we transfer your data outside the the UK or Europe?
We only transfer your data to you, so if you as our client or business associate are based outside the UK or Europe, then this is where the relevant data will be sent.
How you can contact us
How you can obtain data we hold about you
If you wish to see a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, you can request this by writing to: email@example.com.
Changes to this policy
Ren Organisational Consulting Limited, Suite 345, 50 Eastcastle Street, London, W1W
Registered in England and Wales Company Number 8517055
Last updated: 23 May 2018
Ren Organisational Consulting Limited (“We“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, entering a competition or promotion, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information you may give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you:
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site, including invoicing, collecting payment and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Information we receive from other sources:
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain points of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give us. We will use this information:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Information we receive from other sources:
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: Ren Organisational Consulting Limited, 75 Park Lane, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 1XS, United Kingdom OR at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with this Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last updated on: 28/4/15